Those days where Tinder was just about swiping right as much as you can and occasionally to the left are long gone. We now live in a different world than we had lived when Tinder was released. And as a society and our lives changed, also Tinder app improved a lot and their features along with it.
One of those features is Tinder Gold, which, if you are under 30 years old, will cost you roughly $15 a month [this price is country dependent, but it equals somewhere around $15]. If you are above 30, you have to pay twice as much for the same feature.
We have written a long article in which we have discussed if the gold subscripútion is worth the money or not. If you came from this article and decided to cancel your subscription, we believe that you’ve made the right choice.
Even though that Gold membership gives you so many useful features like unlimited right swipes, rewinds if you by mistake swipe the wrong way. Five super likes every day and one boost per month and much more.
It sounds all great. But the pricing is entirely wrong. If you compare it with what Tinder Plus will give you and for how much. It is better to buy just Plus membership instead of Gold.
Unfortunately, you can’t downgrade from Gold to Plus, but you can “upgrade” from Plus to Gold. But as we wrote in that article and mentioned here, it is not truly an upgrade… We feel that it is more a rip-off rather than a better membership plan.
How to cancel Tinder Gold
To make this more comfortable for you, we wrote a separate tutorial for each device, so you can quickly get rid of expensive Gold membership on Tinder. Just follow the instructions for your device[iOS/Android/Mac/Windwos]
How to cancel Tinder Gold subscription on iOS (iPhone&iPad)
Time needed: 3 minutes.
You just need your iPhone/iPad and WiFi or internet connection available
- Unlock your iPhone
- Go to settings
- Tap on your name
- Tap on Itunes & App Store
- At the top of the screen, you should see your Apple ID, tap on it
- If you are signed, skip this step, if not signed in to your Apple ID
- Scroll down in iTunes and tap on subscriptions button
- Tap on Tinder subscription
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription”
UPDATE: Since the last update of the Tinder app for iOS devices, you can downgrade your membership plan from Gold to Plus. Which if you want to have a better online dating experience is the right choice. The features work! And they are for a reasonable price.
How to cancel tinder gold Android tutorial
- Tap on Tinder app on your Android device
- Tap on your profile icon, which is located at the top of your main Android screen
- Go to “Manage Payment Account”
- Tap on Cancel Subscription
Unfortunately, Tinder does not allow downgrading on Android devices. Maybe it can be due to managing all subscriptions in iTunes instead of the app itself on iOS. Perhaps that is why you can do such thing on iPhones and not on Android phones.
How to cancel Gold membership on Mac
- Open safari browser
- Go to Url: www.tinder.com
- Click on your profile icon
- Click on “Manage Account”
- Click on “Cancel” to cancel your Tinder Gold subscription.
How to cancel Gold subscription on Windows
- Open Google Chrome or your main internet browser
- Go to website: www.tinder.com
- Click on your profile photo.
- Click on the “Manage Account” button.
- Click on the “Cancel” button to get rid of your Gold membership.
This is how to unsubscribe from tinder gold on all devices. Hopefully, this article has helped you solve your problems. And as we have mentioned once before, Gold membership is not worth the money. But Plus is! Enjoy swiping and read more of our tutorials to improve your online dating skills.