Finding romance in the 21st century has never been more fun and engaging when Tinder arrived. Now, finding potential dates is as easy as swiping right on a smartphone screen. Many have already have found love, romance, and even marriage because of the app, and many more are dreaming of finding the right ONE with it.
But there comes a time when you would want to move on, and find romance the old-fashioned way. Unfortunately, Tinder can be quite tricky to get rid of since it’s connected to your Facebook account. If you want to delete Tinder from your smartphone– and from your life–, follow the easy steps below.
How To Delete Tinder App From Your Smartphone
- Locate the Tinder app on your smartphone. The app is easy to spot because of its flame icon. Tap on it and wait for it to load.
- Once open, log in with your Facebook account. The Facebook account associated with your Tinder account is the one you used when you first set up the app. Tinder creates matches for your account based on the friends that you have on the network.
- Once you’re in the app’s home screen, notice the little gear icon on the upper left corner. This is the Settings menu, where you can tinker with the app’s configurations.
- Tapping the gear icon brings up the App settings menu. Scroll down until you see the bottom of the menu to see the Delete Account button. Tap on this to get started with the account deletion process.
- Should you tap on the Delete Account button, a confirmation message will appear that will remind you that deleting your account will not only delete your account but also all of the content associated with it (e.g., your pictures, matches, etcetera).
- Tap on the button again to confirm the deletion. You will be prompted that your Tinder account has been successfully deleted.
Deleting Tinder From Facebook
Tinder is connected to your Facebook account. Even though you’ve already deleted the app, your Tinder account profile might still show up on Facebook Graph searches due to its connection with your profile. Here’s how to remove that connection.
- Using a personal computer, log on to your Facebook account.
- On the top right corner of Facebook’s home screen, there’s a group of small icons that you could click on. Click right on the little gear icon that is located on the far right side of the page.
- Choose Privacy Settings. Upon clicking this, you’ll be brought to the Privacy Settings and Tools page.
- Locate the Apps tab on the left side of the screen. Click on this to see all of the apps that you have associated with your Facebook account.
- Tinder can be found under the [Apps You Use] list. Click on it and then click on the Delete App option on the bottom of the app’s settings box. (You can find this option right next to the Report App link).
- Another confirmation box will appear. Just click on it again to entirely remove Tinder from your Facebook account.
If you wonder what will remove of Tinder from Facebook, do to your account. If you wanted to delete this way your account, we have terrible news for you. This way, your account will remain active. But for some, this might be a piece of good news, hopefully.
Yes, you can if you want to permanently delete your account, we have written a step by step detail guide how you can do that if you are interested, click here.
If you have deleted only the app from your phone, your tinder account will still show up in the matching pool if you want to remove your account, check our guide on how to do it
You can still do it via their website. Unfortunately, if you don’t remember your login details, you will have to recover these. Without these, you won’t be able to delete the account without the app.
All your matches will disappear, and all of the stored data from your account should be deleted from Tinder’s database according to their terms of service.